luni, 27 octombrie 2008

If I Can Stop

If I Can Stop

If I can stop one heart from breaking,
I shall not live in vain;
If I can ease one life the aching,
Or cool one pain,
Or help one fainting robin
Unto his nest again,
I shall not live in vain.

Emily Dickinson (1830-1886)

Proverbs

1.A friend in need is a friend indeed.
2.Where there’s a will there’s a way.
3.Still waters run deep.
4.He who laughs last laughs best.
5.Laughter is the best medicine.
6.Time heals all things.
7.Better late than never.
8.Easier said than done.

Riddles

In spring you’re glad to see me,
In summer I keep you cool,
In autumn I give you food,
In winter I keep you warm.

(A fruit-tree)


Two geese before a goose,
And two geese behind a goose
And one goose in the middle.
How many geese in all?

(Three: one behind another in a row)


Elev,
Sava Ionut-clasa aXI aD

Niciun comentariu: